• Supporting United Methodist Women’s international missions through annual donation of pledges by members
• Supporting the cause of reducing gun violence in our city, state, and nation, through annual donations to the Gabby Giffords Foundation and by reaching out to other UMW local organizations throughout Mississippi
• Providing a monthly meal to Matt’s House, an emergency shelter for women and children under the umbrella of Stew Pot Ministries
• Feeding lunch to the students in the Wesley Foundation at Millsaps College twice each school year
• Adopting a senior citizen each Christmas through the Salvation Army
• Sending monthly greeting cards to Broadmeadow’s shut-in members
• Providing support to members and their families during illnesses and bereavement
Joining United Methodist Women around the world by participating in the 2017 Day of Giving in support of the Legacy Fund. This fund was established as part of the UMW’s 150th anniversary celebration, as a permanent endowment for use in coming decades to support the UMW’s ministries to women, children, and youth.
• “Flash” projects: The UMW decided to fill in months without major ongoing projects with one-time collection of specific items for such organizations as Matt’s House, The Emergency Shelter for Children, and the Salvation Army. For example, members will bring combs and brushes for the Emergency Shelter to the May meeting.