Ministries of Broadmeadow United Methodist Church
Scroll through our gallery!
Broadmeadow is home to one of Jackson's premiere pre-school programs. A ministry of the church, the Privette School provides quality childcare and creative teaching methods based on the Reggio Emilia approach to learning. Children who attend the Privette School and other Reggio Emilia-inspired programs learn to use their "100 languages" to express themselves. Visit the Privette School's page to learn more about Broadmeadow's Reggio Emilia inspired pre-school program. Also keep up with the school on Facebook!
Children and Youth
Broadmeadow offers Sunday school classes for children ages 3 years to 12th grade. Sunday school begins at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday morning. The classes meet upstairs in the Education wing of the church, which is most easily accessed from the north side of the building.
We also have various activities throughout the year for the children.
A nursery is provided for infants and toddlers during Sunday School and worship.
Sunday school for adults
Whether you are young, middle-aged, or an older adult, there are options available to you when it comes to adult Sunday School at Broadmeadow. All classes begin at 9:30 a.m. each Sunday with a coffee fellowship to follow before worship. Call the church office at 601-366-1403 for more information.
The Open Doors Sunday School Class of Broadmeadow UMC strives to be a welcoming and inclusive group. We wecome all of God's children regardless of race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. This class is comprised of adults of all ages and meets in the church parlor. Open Doors is a reconciling community through the Reconciling Ministries Network (RMN).
Under the leadership of Chuck Reynolds, the adult choir is a very important part of the life at Broadmeadow UMC. Made up of about 15 voices, their primary task is to help lead in worship every Sunday during the 10:30am service. The music is always diverse and varied, but regardless of the style or genre, the songs are intended to praise and glorify God.
In addition to Sunday morning leadership, the adult choir also inspires the church and community with concerts every Christmas.
Rehearsal takes place on Sunday evenings at 5:30 pm in the choir room located on the second floor on the south side of the educational wing. For more information, contact Chuck Reynolds.
The Children’s choir shares special music in worship several times a year. Practice occurs each Sunday morning at 9:30 during the Sunday school hour.
United Methodist Women: Faith - Hope - Love in Action
The United Methodist Women of Broadmeadow meet on the third Tuesday of each month, September through May, at 11:00 a.m. in the church parlor for study, worship, lunch, and fellowship. All women of the church are invited and encouraged to attend.
Globally, United Methodist Women form a community whose purpose is to know God and to experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ; to develop a creative, supportive fellowship; and to expand concepts of mission through participation in the global ministries of the church. From its beginning, United Methodist Women has focused on ministries with women, children, and youth. Broadmeadow’s UMW seeks to live out this mission, purpose, and focus.
Broadmeadow UMW projects
• Supporting United Methodist Women’s international missions through annual donation of pledges by members
• Supporting the cause of reducing gun violence in our city, state, and nation, through annual donations to the Gabby Giffords Foundation and by reaching out to other UMW local organizations throughout Mississippi
• Providing a monthly meal to Matt’s House, an emergency shelter for women and children under the umbrella of Stew Pot Ministries
• Feeding lunch to the students in the Wesley Foundation at Millsaps College twice each school year
• Adopting a senior citizen each Christmas through the Salvation Army
• Sending monthly greeting cards to Broadmeadow’s shut-in members
• Providing support to members and their families during illnesses and bereavement
• Joining United Methodist Women around the world by participating in the 2017 Day of Giving in support of the Legacy Fund. This fund was established as part of the UMW’s 150th anniversary celebration, as a permanent endowment for use in coming decades to support the UMW’s ministries to women, children, and youth.
• “Flash” projects: The UMW decided to fill in months without major ongoing projects with one-time collection of specific items for such organizations as Matt’s House, The Emergency Shelter for Children, and the Salvation Army. For example, members will bring combs and brushes for the Emergency Shelter to the May meeting.
Boyd Elementary school
Broadmeadow is a Community Adopter of Boyd Elementary School through Jackson Public Schools’ Partners in Education Program. Broadmeadow supports Boyd in a variety ways, including a school supply drive in August for Boyd, a teacher appreciation meal during the school year and providing incentives for children to succeed.
Broadmeadow provides monetary support for Stewpot Ministries in Jackson. In addition, the congregation donates nonperishable foods during its Second Sunday Giving and the Christmas in July food drive.
United methodist committee on relief
Broadmeadow assists the United Methodist Committee on Relief, or UMCOR, which is the humanitarian relief and development agency of the United Methodist Church, that serves in dozens of countries around the world. Broadmeadow raises money annually during One Great Hour of Sharing as well as contributes to UMCOR’s specific disaster responses throughout the year.
Come join us. Play a game, learn a lesson, take a part, read a book, stuff a pack, feed 5,000, change the world—one miracle at a time.